Sunday, June 5, 2011

Terrific 2 or Terrible 2 You Choose

It's that time again.  It was Kennedy's birthday and she turned 2.  I know don't be surprised about how much I am blogging.  I only have 10 months worth of blogging to catch up.  I thought I should at least blog about the big day. 

It is so odd to think we have a 2 year old.  Most days she is pretty good, others she fits in the terrible 2's category.  I would say she hit the terrible 2's back in November.  Maybe she is just getting more of a personality.  Ya, that is it.  She is developing her personality.  She definitely knows what she wants and what she does not want.  Especially when it comes to telling daddy no (which is my favorite.) 

This sweet thing to...




This...not sure if you call her sweet any more.

First time I straightened her hair.

She is saying "Cheese".

Back view. 
Her hair is not very long here.  The Saturday before I had
my cousin Keri trim it up.  She took off about an inch from
the back. 
Blake doesn't like her hair like this.  He says it does not
look like his daughter.  She did look a bit different 
I would have to admit.

First I will start with her 2 years old doctor check-up.  All is well, except getting the shot.  This kid has a memory like you wouldn't believe.  The last time she got a shot was 6 months ago.  Who knew she would remember that long ago, since it is not in her normal routine.  You ask her where something is, next thing you know she comes around a corner with it in hand.  Kennedy is progressing as a toddler should.  Saying two - three word sentences, walking up stairs, throwing and kicking ball, starting to use a regular cup, and etc.  Good to know she is on track that way.  As far as her stats go, well, what can I say except Kennedy is Kennedy. 

Height:  31 inches (2%)
Yeah, she moved up 1%
Weight:  21.6 lbs (1%)
No change
Head:  18.75 (54%)
At least she is average in one area.

As far as Kennedy actual birthday not too much happened.  We were suppose to start playing softball in a co-ed league.  But this "wonderful" weather was not cooperating.  The game was cancelled.  Blake has been playing in a men's league in SLC, and those games were cancelled too.  We just hung out.  My cousin gave me the idea to run to the yummy sweets store where they sell gourmet cupcakes and such.  We did not make it.  My mom and dad stopped by.  So not a whole lot happened.  Because we were planning on having a softball game the family party was planned for Saturday. 

At daycare they had a little party with cupcakes.  Brenda her daycare provided took her to the store and let her pick out a little gift.  She chose a seahorse and mermaid.  She also got to pick out a balloon.  Brenda sent home the extra cupcakes.  After dinner since we didn't make it to the dessert store, we let her finish one of the cupcakes instead. 

The weather was terrible all week.  I was just praying for it to be good on Saturday for her party.  The forecast said the weather was supposed to be good, but we live in Utah.  It can change in a split second.  I remember bringing Kennedy home from the hospital.  The day before was great, but the days after not so great.  Last year was also the same.  Cold and rainy.  The weather this year ended up being good.  It hit about 70 earlier in the day.  I wasn't too worried then for her party later that evening.  We just had only family over.  Nothing fancy this year.  Just cupcakes and ice cream.  First off, we want to thank everyone for coming to Kennedy's party.  It is so nice for people to take time out of their day to come and celebrate Miss Kennedy in our family. 

Here are some photo's of the party.

Opening Gifts.


 

Her lips (a.k.a. chap stick)



 Her new ride and trailer. 
Isn't that just the cutest. I just had
to get the trailer for her.

 Her new kitchen.  Now she won't have to
use our entertainment center as her oven.
Cousin Jet with her.

 Trying to get in.

Playing softball with her new t-ball set
with her cousin Jordan and 
his friends Brock and Jake (twins). 



Throwing the ball. 

Kennedy and Jet Crusin'

The cupcakes.


My aunt Sharon and cousin Keri have much better
cupcakes.  Even my friend Michelle. 
she posts on her blog all kinds of cool cupcakes
she has made on her blog. 
Kennedy's cupcakes turned out good for the
occasion.  People just eat them any way right?
Next time, I will have to ask one of them to
make them for me or tell me their secret.



Make a wish.


My sister-in-law Jordyn being weird.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these pics are way too cute! Btw, your cupcakes are fabuloso!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fabulous event! thanks for letting us come! your cupcakes were delightful, and VERY cute!

    ps. i didn't know you straightened her hair... she looks like she's five! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like tons of fun. I can't believe she is 2. As far as the states her and Kambrie are pretty darn close other than my girls head is much bigger. Other than that things look the same. LOL

    ReplyDelete