Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bear Lake 2010 (Morris and Stoker Reunion)

July is the busy month for us.  Seems like we go to the cabin and then off to family reunions on Blake's side of the family.  My dad does not like to go to them.  Needless to say we didn't go.  I remember going to like 5 in the past 30 years of my life.  2 of them for the Lindsay side and the other 3 for the Huss side.  I am learning to like going to the reunions and catching up with Blake's family.  So much changes from reunion to reunion.  In people's lives they have either got married, had a baby, going a mission, or sadly someone has past on.

MORRIS REUNION

The first family reunion was the Morris Reunion which is at Bear Lake every year for a week at Ideal Beach (a.k.a. Sweet Water).
.
Blake goofing off.
                   
               My nephew Jordan

 
 Blake and Kennedy

 Blake and Kennedy

Blake, Kennedy,and Me

As you can tell I am not the best picture taker.  I really need to work on that. Sadly we were at Bear Lake and I think I took a total of 20 pictures between the two reunions.  Note to self - be a better photographer just to capture moments.

STOKER REUNION

For the Stoker reunion we stayed at Rendezvous Beach.  The Reunion included about a 1 mile hike to this lake with Blake, Kennedy and I.  It is a glacier.  The water was a bit cold to the touch.  However, there were some CRAZY folks that were swinging in the lake.  People had put a rope in one of the branches of an old tree with a knot at the end of the rope.  The line for the rope had like 20 people in it.  I was not going to  get in line to swing into the water. 

The Stoker reunion is always changing locations.  I think that is one of the things I like about this reunion cause you get to see and visit different places.  Each sibling takes a turn hosting.  Along with their family decide where they want to hold the reunion.  Some of the places have included Lava Hot Springs, Salt Lake City, Palisades, Panguitch Lake, Mesa Verde, and Bear Lake.  I have now been in the family long enough that they have rotated through all of Blake's aunts and his dad.  We are starting over.  Can't wait to see where we go in the coming years. 

Blake, Kennedy, and Me

Blake, Kennedy, Robyn (Blake's mom), my niece Kaitlyn

Kevin (Blake's brother) and Kennedy

Kennedy playing under the dinning table in the trailer.

When you stay at the Ideal Beach obviously you don't need a trailer, but for the Stoker reunion I really didn't want to tent it with miss Kennedy.  We had to drive home for a reception anyway.  So we picked the trailer up from my parents and then headed back to Bear Lake.  There sure was a lot of driving involved.  We probably should have called and asked if we could just park it while we were already up there the previous days.  I didn't think the resort would really appreciate having the fifth wheel there.  It all worked out and we were happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment