Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4th of July 2010

Typically every year we go the the cabin for the 4th of July.  This year not much happened compared to the year before.  We have my dad the "MIGHTY HUNTER" with his harvest.  Okay it was really a nuisance. 


Yes next to my dad is a badger.  Not a friendly critter. Instead of living underneath the cabin he now lives inside the cabin.  We have since named him Dodger the Badger. 

This 4th of July 2010 was cool.  The water was very high from the spring run off.  We saw some beavers that I had rarely seen much in the prior years.  It reminded me of when I was a kid.  It seemed liked we were there every weekend with my mom and dad's friends Dave and Dana and their kids. Or my aunt and uncle Sharon and Lew and their girls.  The families have now expanded.  I am now bringing my family along with my bro and his wife and my cousins and their husbands and those of us who have kids.   

This 4th of July was also sad now looking back.  Who knew this would be one of the last times my horse Chance would make it up there.  Here is my good ole boy Chance.  I sure loved riding him.  I was very comfortable with him.  Not only just on short rides around the cabin, but on long pack trips with my dad.  I got to the point I would tie a knot in the reins.  Then I would put them on the saddle horn and away we went.

Myself, Kennedy, and Chance

 Blake, myself, Kennedy, and Chance

 My dad, myself, Kennedy, and Chance

My aunt and uncle (Sharon & Lew) 

 sleepy Keri (cousin) - is like 8 month prego and can't get comf\ortable

 Kennedy's new do

Front/top shot 

Kennedy, Blake, and Payzlee 

Kennedy and Me 

This is Kennedy's hair after I took it out for the night.  My mom held her while I took out
all those little rubber bands.  She wasn't a happy "camper".  No pun intended.

All-in-all the cabin is a fun quick get-a-way.  I wish my grandma and grandpa Lindsay could see how much we enjoy and are thankful for what they did.  My how they would be so amazed to see what my dad has done to help improve it.  Through out the summer he along with Blake and my dad's brother Curtis built a much needed new deck.  It is huge compared to what we used to have.  In my opinion way nice.  When you think of  a cabin these days, it is basically a second/summer home.  For those of you who have not been to our cabin is VERY rustic.  I love it.  Not that we want to get it way dirty, but you don't feel like you have to take a shower when you come in every time to make sure you don't get anything dirty.  Maybe in the future we will make more improvements.  But for now the place is GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment