Wednesday, January 4, 2012

May 2011

Sometime ago back in November I posted about Kennedy wanted to potty train.  I was thinking she was going to get this.  I was like WOW!  This is too good to be true.  I was talking with my sister-in-law Liz telling her how Kennedy was doing.  She said her niece did the same thing.  But she ended up taking 10 months.  I was like "oh, no Kennedy has got it."  I think I jinxed myself.  We are now to May, 6 months later.  The only thing is 18 months is rather young in Kennedy's defense to be completely potty trained.  She was on a good track of understanding what needed to take place. 

Now we are to May.  Around Kennedy's birthday she finally decided she wanted to wear "panties".   I was not ready for the mess so I just had her in pull-ups.  Since she was going to daycare too, I didn't feel comfortable if Kennedy had accidents very often at the sitters.  The first week went great.  If I remember correctly I think she had really only about 3-4 accidents for the whole week.  However, the next week was a different story.  She treated her pull-ups like she was in a diaper.  Kennedy and I had a talk.  I told her if she was going to treat her pull-ups like a diaper, then I was going to put diapers back on.  She said that she wanted  her "panties".  So we tried it again.  We are now wearing "panties".  Hopefully in no time she will be wearing really panties. 

My question to you are pull-ups good or bad?  I have decided they are definitely more of a convenience for the parents.  That way if the child had an accident you don't have to clean up too much.  But does the child to begin to understand what they are suppose to do if they are wet?  Or should a parent just skip the whole pull-up scene and go straight to panties/underwear?  I think it really depend on what kinda time you have to dedicate to potty training with your child.  I felt with Kennedy it wasn't too bad using pull-ups.  My work day is a 9 hour day.  Stay at home moms have an advantage in this department of the potty training going very smooth and quick.  After I thought about it, she may have got a bit confused.  But she day by day she did a little bit better. 

Any thoughts?

Kennedy had her 2nd birthday.  I posted those pictures already.

We just went up for the afternoon to the cabin for Memorial Day, since it was cold.  And when we got there this is what we saw. 

SNOW


This is SPRING, not WINTER.  But we had fun.  It was also VERY pretty with just the light dusting on top. 



 Kennedy and Jordyn

 Me and Jordyn

My DORKIE brother Colton

We also went to Blake's parents for his dad's birthday.  After the festivities, Brooke decided to pull the kids around on a blanket on the floor. 

Brooke pulling the kids - Kaitlyn, Kennedy, and Jordan.
They giggled and laughed so much.  

My car also during the month of May needed a little tender loving car.  I was quite upset because that meant I had to get the back of my car repainted and detailed.  However, the guy that did my detail work has since past away.  So I had to have the paint shop locate a person that still free paints on vehicles verses using the vinyl stripping. 


Because the paint repair shop did not know if the paint would continue to flake as they fixed it, their suggestion was to start from scratch.  So that is what they did.  The gentleman that did my detail did a great job.  There are some things that I can tell are different, but at first glance all is well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment