Sunday, April 11, 2010

Snowmobiling 2010

Well the last weekend or so in January we headed up to my family's our cabin.  We snowmobiled in.  Sometimes I think it is more fun in the winter than the summer.  This is the first time in three years Blake has been able to go up with us.  That was nice he was able to come with.  Usually he is traveling for work the weekend majority of us can go.  None of us went last year though.  My mom had a hurt knee, which she got from playing the Wii.  So she calls it her "Wii"knee (say it fast and it sounds like something else).  And I of course was prego.  The doc gave me the okay, but the weekend we were going go, it was snowing terriblely bad.  iWe decided to cancel.  Probably for the better.  I would not have wanted to get stuck or have anything bad happen to me or the baby or any one else.


So we packed everything up that Kennedy would need to stay warm and we all bundled up.  Blake included.  You may even think he looks pregnant, but that is just his coat full of blankets.  We, meaning I, wasn't so sure how to keep Kennedy warm and the wind off of her during the ride.  But we figured it out.  We had a nice time.  We didn't do much up there.  Mostly watched movies and slept.  Sleeping is one of things Lindsay's do best.  But I was able to convince my dad this year to take me for a short snowmobile ride.  Because the last time we went in, he was being VERY lazy and didnt want to do anything. 

Kennedy's View - She is in her fleece snowsuit, a beenie, in the BabyBjorn.  I then have my t-shirt, sweatshirt, coat, and then another coat on to go around Kennedy.  One maybe frying, but I was just perfect.  Kennedy was so perfect she even fell asleep on the way out.  Man, werent those the days, when you go out to sleep whenever and where ever you want. 

I think Kennedy is really going to like snowmobiling.  She is already trying out what kind of boots she wants.   These are Grandpa Bart's.  So they are a little big.  If she needed just one, the boot just might work.


One of the coolest things we saw was a Red Fox.  it is a bit hard to see but it is in the middle of the picture.  It came clear down about 10 feet around from the cabin.  But I had to go outside and get something and I scared it off.  What you see is the fox running away. 



No comments:

Post a Comment