Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crawling and Standing Up

Kennedy has been crawling since 8 months old.  But I thought she would have started crawling so much faster.  She got up to her hands and knees at 7 months.  She just did the whole rocking thing back and forth for about month.  I was a bit disappointed.  Because I thought it would of happened faster than it did like I said.  But now I wish she was back at the rocking and just sitting stage.  Crawling though does have one benefit sometimes, is that they will follow you and you don't have to carry them everywhere.  She has been pulling her self up with mine or Blake's fingers since about 5 - 6 months old.  She started pulling herself up to the furniture at 8 months and walking around it.  She hasn't tried to take any steps yet by herself.  She loves climbing up the stairs and down the stairs and over mom or dad if we are sitting on the floor.  She did learn how to climb the stairs fast.  About a week of good crawling, she climbed 10 stairs all by herself.  No assistance from Blake or me.  Blake just stood behind her incase she fell back.  Which to our surprise she didn't.  She is a little monkey.  I am afarid we have a climber on our hands.  She just can't get to many places because she isn't tall enough to get her leg all the way up.  But I love my little petite baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment