Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Addition

Well, a lot has happened to the Stoker Krew this summer. First off in the middle of May we had a beautiful daughter. Her name is Kennedy Jade. She was born at 5:35 AM, on Tuesday, 19 May 2009. She was 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 1/2 inches. WOW was she born with a TON of hair! Kennedy was born on the most popoular day in Utah to be born on. The most common day to be born on for the rest of the US is Wednesday and the least common day to be born on is Sunday (which I was born on).
We went to the hospital at 9:30 PM on monday night hoping that they wouldnt tell me I had to go home. I was already a 3 whne we got there. By an hour later I was to a 4. Then by 1:30 AM on the 19th I was to a 10. I dilated to a 10 in 20 minutes, which is rather fast for a first pregnancy. My doctor had me push for about an hour and no luck and no baby. Kennedy was either too big or my bones were too small. She wasnt going to come out normal, so I had to have a C-Section. I was in the operating room at seems like 5:15 AM and had a baby at 5:35 AM.

Here is a picture of the proud father and his new bundle of JOY! (Don't worry the cigar is just chocolate.) After getting to our room it was off to the races. It was an all day marathon of visitors. It was great to see everyone welcome our new baby girl. The first visitor was my brother. He beat everyone there and was the first to hold her out of any of the family. Which my mother was not happy about, but she should have hurried quicker.
I was a bit tired from being up pretty much all night so even when the visitors were there, I took a snooze. They weren't really there to see me any way. They were there to see Kennedy.

Man was Blake like the energizer bunny. He did not sleep a wink. He was up for 40 plus hours. Finally he did get so shut eye. He is a great husband and now a GREAT father. He was so attentive to all my needs. He was right there to help with Kennedy since I couldn't move that fast. I appreciate all he love, help, and support.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys. I can't wait to meet Kennedy. She is so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete